PIN this post
I’m back after a 4 day hiatus due to some obligatory family travel this week. After driving over 1000 miles, stopping in 2 states, and sleeping in 3 beds in 3 nights, I’m SOOOO glad to be home and back to work! I have several projects in the works which I’m very excited about, but first let’s talk about the 4th of July since it’s about a week away.
I’ve gathered together some of my favorite ideas highlighting the red, white, and blue, not to mention stars and stripes. All of these ideas can be re-purposed for other summer parties just by changing out the colors used, making them the perfect posts to bookmark or PIN.
- FREE printable signs from Pen & Paper Flowers are available in either black or white background, ready to download. Aren’t they adorable!
- You can also print these FREE 4th of July tags from Bird’s Party. Tie them on to stemware, wrapped utensils, sparklers, etc, for a touch of festiveness.
- For an easy dessert station, set up an ice cream dessert bar. This one isn’t about making sundaes though, it’s all about making ice cream sandwiches and soda floats!
- Decorate your party space with this easy to make patriotic fabric banner. That Cute Little Cupcakes shares step by step instructions on Catch My Party.
- The Celebration Shoppe is putting a twist on traditional s’mores, and gives tips for creating a sleeve holder to put them in.
Red, White, & Blue Desserts
- Red, White, and Blue Trifle (a showstopper)
- Star Spangled Mini Pies (perfect to use with those free printable signs from PnPFlowers)
- 4th of July Flag Cake shared by The Sugar Turntable
- Build Your Own Shortcakes bar with free printable sign