This game day ice cream bar was created by CAH and promoted by Target.
It’s football fever around here with all the playoff games, and now the Super Bowl just around the corner. I teamed up with Target to share a party idea using some Target essentials. I put together a simple game day ice cream bar using a few items from storage, plus food and decorative pieces from my Target run.
This is not an ice cream sundae bar. I was more inspired by the idea of ice cream “add-ins” rather than a full sundae with lots of syrups and toppings. I’ve been a longtime lover of the Archer Farms trail mixes, and I thought they’d make interesting ingredients mixed into vanilla-bean ice cream. Check out my step-by-step details below.
PIN this post
Game Day Ice Cream Bar
- I set the scene with an old turf mat I cut from the home improvement store years ago. This is the playing field for your game-day treats.
- The backdrop is a chalkboard with some football plays in the classic form.
- Vanilla-bean ice cream is pre-scooped and placed into a bowl, and back in the freezer to firm up again.
- I used a gift box as a riser to elevate the bowl of ice cream. I chose the black and white stripes because it’s reminiscent of the referees’ shirts.
- A collections of colorful Threshold bowls are the perfect size for the ice cream desserts. I chose blue and orange to reflect the teams playing.
- Options are great, so I picked three varieties of Archer Farms trail mix to choose from: Black & White, Handful of Everything, and Caramel Cashew.
- I made pennant picks to place into each trail mix so guests would know which is which.
- Don’t forget scoops and spoons for the ice cream and trail mix retrieval!
The children and grown-ups alike will love making their own ice cream dessert bowl. Personally, I like to add a little bit of everything to mine!
What does your Super Bowl look like?