For our Sip and See shower we served a light lunch of green salad with mandarin orange and candied pecans, a pasta salad, and honey chicken salad in individual pastries (mini pie shells). See the recipe below, via Southern Living.
Honey Chicken Salad
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 celery ribs, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: chopped toasted pecans
Combine first 4 ingredients.
Whisk together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients. Add to chicken mixture, stirring gently until combined. Place in individual pastry shells for a pretty presentation.