Today’s party feature is a bridal shower from Jami of Jami’s on Sweet Street, and is special because it was for her own future sister-in-law. Not every party or shower has to have a “theme” so I love this feature because it shows how you can just simply make a party pretty without getting caught up in specific decor.
This was held in the back yard and they used pretty fabrics, gorgeous flowers, a hint of retro & vintage, and some fun activities to make this shower special. Take a look at the photos and then read what Jami says about the day…
- The colors were various shades of orange and navy blue. We made runners for the tables out of navy and white striped fabric. The flowers were picked from a family friends Dahlia Garden. I must say picking out the perfect dahlias for the centerpieces was my favorite part!! SO GORGEOUS!
- My mom made different kinds of quiches for brunch and the meal was topped off with mini 1/2 pint jars of peach cobbler, strawberry cake, and lemon cake.
- The favor table included 3 different kinds of candy and bottles of orange soda to take home. Of course we couldn’t forget the kiddies at this shower so they got their own table covered with butcher paper to draw the bride on her big day and a centerpiece of doughnut holes and crayons.
- I made sure that our bride-to-be had plenty of tissues for the event due to overactive waterworks. (They were very useful!!) We played a few games including a little He Says/She Says to see how well the “happy couple” knew each other and some BRIDAL BINGO. The lovely game prizes were handmade knit wash clothes in various colors.
- The best part about this shower is that I couldn’t be more excited and happy for my brother and blushing bride-to-be!