For your fashionista friends, design a Betsey Johnson inspired dessert table to celebrate a special occasion, like birthday or bridal shower. See how I did it here, as sponsored by Kleenex Brand via Socialstars.
Inspiration for a party design can come from ANYwhere and to prove it I’ve put together a Betsey Johnson inspired dessert table using the Kleenex brand tissue boxes as my muse. Betsey Johnson is an iconic fashion designer of our time, and who isn’t familiar with her rocker-meets-girly approach, not to mention her cartwheel after every runway show! Other ways I’d describe her style?…colorful, bright, whimsical, bold.
With these adjectives in mind I created a dessert table that you could incorporate into a bridal shower, a birthday celebration for teens or adults, or how about a fashion swap party or other girls night in? Since it’s Women’s History Month, lets celebrate this inspiring designer in her own style!
For me it all began with the box featuring the floral heart and herringbone pattern seen below. This collection is so pretty it would look great on a vanity or in a teenage girls bedroom.
Betsey Johnson Inspired Dessert Table:
- I LOVE how black and white is paired with bright bold colors. The black and white helps to “ground” the design while the colors add pops of interest to keep your eye moving. The table runner is a herringbone patterned wrapping paper that matches the tops of the tissue boxes. The pattern is repeated in small areas like ribbon and a fabric flower.
- The diy framed wall art is the focal point, and the contrast between the yellow and hot pink is so eye catching! I’ll post the directions for that tomorrow.
- A white cake is the centerpiece of the table and is decorated with diy toppers and a striped ribbon. Black candies fill the cake stand and provide a nice contrast for the mostly white display.
- Colorful favors are placed in a basket and include blinged out compacts and mini tissue travel packs. Tubes are filled with blue candies and displayed in a tall glass vase.
- When possible, use your inspiration item in the display itself. I constantly have travel packs of tissues in my car and purse so offering these from the Kleenex Brand Ready to Care Collection by Betsey Johnson as part of the favors is practical and chic.
See how easy it is to pull together a Betsey Johnson inspired dessert table? Just let color and pattern be your guide and create balance using these elements in your display.
Sign up for the latest via Email