I hope you all had a good weekend. This week, behind the scenes, I’m working on another graduation shoot for Pear Tree Greetings and I’m excited to see it come together. It will be a completely different look from the modern-classic graduation party I did, so stay tuned!
Today I want to give you a peek at one of the details I included in a bridal shower shoot I did for Celebrations last year…I almost forgot about sharing this party with you guys! This was for a vintage-inspired bridal shower, and I was thrilled to incorporate these decorated hanging lamp shade frames I blogged about here. I always love seeing hanging decor outside, but lets face it, it’s not always easy to find a way to hang things. Luckily I had 1 good tree at our old house, that was conducive to hanging something from. I set up a dining table underneath and hung 2 dressed up lamp shade frames from the branches above.
I’ll show you the complete party design in another post but for now, here are the highlights of the stripped down & dressed up shades…
- I had a couple of small lamp shades that I wasn’t really using anymore so I pulled out the scissors and started cutting the fabric off of the wire forms. Easy peasy!
- One of the frames was left as is, while the other looked pretty ugly, so I spray painted it a cream color.
- To keep the frames coordinated but different, I chose a basic color scheme and used a variety of textures and materials to decorate with.
- With a hot glue gun, I attached lace trim to the top and bottom of one frame.
- The second frame is decorated by tying strips of ribbon, lace, fabric, and ball yarn to the top and bottom.
- To keep the look a little rustic and vintage, I used jute rope to hang the forms from a tree limb. You could also use ribbon or plain white twine for a different look.
PIN this Post
These fabulous lamp shade forms can be changed up to use for many different occasions. You just customize with whatever color palette your working with, and use ribbon or other trims to give it a new look.
Not only do these work well for party decor, you can also hang a cluster of them in the corner of a bedroom or other space in your home.
Let me know what you think. Have a great day, and stay tuned for the rest of this bridal shower shoot!