While there’s so much buzz about back-to-school and even Halloween right now, I’m SURE somebody out there has a wedding party or bridal party to plan, right! I designed this party a while back for SheKnows Wedding Planner guide, and I’m just now getting around to sharing even more details from the shoot.
I chose a pretty pastel color palette which gives a soft feminine feel, however the presence of burlap and greenery balance it out and add a masculine touch. I’m pleased with how it all turned out, and I hope you’ll like it too.
These ideas were design with the idea that they could be applied to a larger group, such as a wedding, but also appropriate for a small bridal shower.
- Using long banquet tables, cover with a base cloth and a burlap runner down the length of the table. Add color and dress it up with strips of fabric going across the width of the table. This also creates a “place mat” effect under each plate.
- Top white plates with a colored paper doily and a favor box filled with candy.
- Favors are one of the most fun things to create, I think. You can always start with small candy and a cute container, then dress it up however you like. I used washi tape to wrap around the small tins, and topped with adhesive scrapbook embellishments that coordinate with the outdoor theme.
- Instead of large bouquets on the table, I filled several colorful vases and bunched them together. You still get a full floral arrangement but with the added interest of the colorful vases.
- Table numbers are another area where you can get creative. I made one using a frame and attaching moss to the cardboard backing, and then adding a chipboard number to the moss with a Glue Dot.
- Color coordinating napkins are used, and a pretty menu card designed by Perideau Designs is attached to each with a mini clothes pin. The clothes pins are embellished with the same washi tape used on the favor tins.
This mini sweets table was designed as a “late party snack” table. For a wedding celebration it would be a nice place to visit after a couple of hours on the dance floor. It would also work well for a bridal brunch.
- A coordinating sign by Perideau Designs, is placed in a frame. “Love is Sweet” is the perfect sentiment for any wedding related party.
- A stack of doughnuts is always inviting, and you can dress them up by adding a few washi tape flags.
- Mini milk shots are rimmed with frosting and sprinkles, and get a fabulous floral straw from Petite Party Studio.
- Brownie pops are displayed on a tall cake stand, surrounded by m&m’s that match the colors of the party. The same floral straws slide over the lollipop stick to make it look even cuter.
- Ribbon & another scrapbook embellishment help to dress up the stand.
- Striped favor bags can be filled with colorful candy and sealed with more washi tape.
All the ideas are simple and based on the same colors and nature theme. If you like them, you can PIN it for later inspiration. Have a great day!