I have an adorable party to share with you today, sent over from Angela of Birch Blooms. This adorable kids cookie decorating party has a fabulous focal point – an open shelf hutch that is beautifully styled with Christmas goodies with a retro flair! Read on for all the details and some of my favorite features…
I’m am in love with the hutch display. Some of the highlights for me are:
- The “snow globe”-style mason jars with mini trees inside.
- The display is not only pretty, but USEFUL, holding all the cookie decorating elements.
- Notice the cupcake liner garland? So easy to make and adorable!
- The chalkboard signs make me happy…
- Loving all the jars filled with different items like cookie cutters, corks, candy, and wooden alphabet stamp.
Details from Angela: “Recently, a few of my design fabulous friends and I threw a DIY Christmas Cookie Decorating party for our kiddos. We incorporated easy, affordable decorations for any busy budget-minded momma!
- We used a ton of fun toppings for our cookies! Some of the great toppings came from our kiddos’ Halloween candy bags! Still have Halloween Candy? Chop that candy up and put it in a bowl to decorate some cookies!
- We used children’s’ Christmas books and cookie cutters for our decor! We hung them from colorful ribbon from our light fixtures. We also featured them in giant jars accented with a bit of ribbon.
- We also used cupcake liners in our design! Make some garland with cupcake liners for fun, cheap decor!
- Of course we started our shin-dig with homemade cocoa! To make cocoa more special, we dipped Chinet cups in melted white chocolate morsels and sprinkles. So fun for the kids!
- To make our hot cocoa stirrers, we took plain wooden coffee stirrers dipped in chocolate, then marshmallows and sprinkles!”