When it comes to food at your party, presentation is everything! Well, okay, after taste and having the right amount…but it’s definitely a close 3rd. When you use convenience food items + a little creativity, it becomes much easier to focus on how it’s displayed or presented, and these cheesecake spoons illustrate the idea to a tee. The concept is simple: start with a frozen cheesecake, cut it into bite size portions, and top with a variety of toppings…
Tips & Ideas:
- Present each portion on Asian spoons that can hold the wet toppings. Don’t have Asian spoons? Just use regular table spoons and adjust toppings accordingly. You may need to prop the handles up against a low profile so the cake stands upright.
- Think of your cheesecake bites like you would an ice cream bar, and top with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, fruit sauce, sprinkles, nuts, crushed cookies & candies, fresh berries, coconut, etc. You could also set up the cheesecake spoons plain and provide toppings for guests to top their own.
- Set these up as part of a larger dessert display. Great for holiday cocktail parties or Thanksgiving.
- Make these a day ahead, cover, and refrigerate to save time on the day of the party.
- You would probably never spend the hours making a cheesecake from scratch just so you can cut it up and top it this way, so using the frozen cheesecake takes away the time and labor of that.
- Cut the cheesecake while it is still very firm to get nice clean cuts. If you let it thaw too much it’s a bit too soft for slicing into these small bites.