You are going to love this crafty Christmas tree created by Bird of Bird’s Party! When I saw it I thought, “why didn’t I think of that?” These ribbon Christmas tree are so simple to make and only require a few materials. They would make a fantastic centerpiece for the kids table or set in clusters on the mantle or other table top. Choose your ribbon colors to match your decor and get busy making some of your own. See the instructions below…
Scraps of ribbon of different designs and colors
Metal pins (or hot glue)
How to make it:
1. Gather your supplies, then cut lengths of ribbon from different colors – Keeping all lengths the same.
2. Fold each in half to form a loop.
3. Starting at the bottom of each cone, pin the ribbon in a row all the way around the cone , slightly overlapping each one.
4. Carry on with new row of ribbon on top of the preceding layer, hiding the pins fromt he layer below.
5. Finish by pinning a pompom to the top. You could use hot glue instead of pins, but the great thing about pining is that you can star again if you go wrong, AND you could always re-use the cones next year to update your decor!