Easter Brunch & Egg Hunt – Dessert & Kids Table

Easter is one of my favorite holidays of the year because it ushers in Spring and provides a great opportunity for entertaining.  It’s also very family-friendly providing the ubiquitous egg hunt and mounds of treats afterward.  Here are some simple ideas you can use to host your own Easter Family Brunch & Egg hunt {make sure you visit part 2 with our adult table design, also!}.

I had some amazing vendors help with my design.  Heather at Chickabug customized her Easter set for me by adding a rainbow of colors to her blue Easter set, while Jimemmajack provided their dazzling Easter Cookies & Cuppies

• My designs are always influenced by props & home decor items, which I love because it allows special signage or designer treats to stand out and be the star.
  • I filled in the dessert table with cotton candy in an apothecary jar, and jelly beans, and m&m’s displayed in an egg dish – something you can easily do yourself.
  • Most of the pieces I used in designing this brunch were things I had on hand, with just a couple of additional items found at JoAnn’s Fabric store (egg dish, & green hat box set), and Michael’s (bird cage).
  • You can see the gorgeous decorated cookies from Jimemmajack displayed on a 2-tiered stand.  The details on them are stunning, and they taste as good as they look!  Just as cute (and one of my favorite things) are the “cuppies” they make to sit on the side of your glass or cup!  So adorable!
  • This kids table is festive and designed to appeal to the young.  With a DIY  centerpiece made from a fence planter box, faux grass patches, and Peeps on a skewer, it combines form with function.  Including a “bunny trail” sign adds to the whimsy of the piece.
  • Each little guest’s chair is adorned with a green ribbon and clip-on flower.  You can do this in about 60 seconds!
  • Place settings are topped with edible grass nests, with chocolate malted eggs.  You can use the very small clear plastic plates from the Dollar Tree to hold the nest neatly as you move it about.
  • Name cards and circle tags from Chickabug’s Easter collection mark the spot for each little person, and help identify his/her bottle of lemonade.
  • You can also use them to top off the Jimemmajack cookie favors, and to personalize each Easter basket for the egg hunt.
  • If you have older kids who don’t want to participate in an “Easter Egg Hunt” is to try an Easter “Treasure Hunt” instead, and write down clues for them to look for instead of simply looking for eggs.  There could be treats to find at each clue, or one special prize at the end.  Either way this activity may appeal to their maturity level a bit more.
You can see  Part 2 of this Family Brunch featuring the adult table!

Comments

1. Enchanted Expectations says:

So Cute. Love the cookies and milk! I also love the centerpiece for the table setting.

2. Love it! What are the edible nests made of?

3. melismama says:

awesome!

4. Susan Crabtree says:

adorable!

MsJess, I'm not sure – my daughter thinks they taste like fortune cookies, but I think they just taste like styrofoam! LOL Found them at Michaels.

6. Christi @ Love From The Oven says:

So sweet! I love the table setting – gorgeous!

CUTE design! Love the placement of the cookies. They are just ready to jump right into the milk! YUM!

8. Something Old, Something New says:

Very cute! Love those cookies

9. Jennifer Birkhead says:

Gorgeous work as usual Chris xx

10. Kristin says:

Very festive, colorful and happy! Nice job!

11. Kori Clark says:

Love it Chris! The kids table is so bright and the centerpiece is perfect!! Just adorable!

12. love love!

13. Heather - Chickabug says:

Chris, everything turned out even more beautiful than I had pictured!! Thank you so much for the chance to work with you – I'd be so happy to again, ANY time! : )

14. Sweet Tea with Cindy says:

Wow – How adorable is that entire table? I want it in my backyard :)You never disappoint. Thanks so much for sharing. Sincerely, Cindy Eckhart

15. A Blissful Nest says:

Chris I love it!! I love the apothecary jar with the cotton candy in it and of course he bird cage. I can not wait to see part 2!

16. Gina - Jimemmajack Custom Cookies says:

Now it is officially Spring! Thanks Chris! Had such fun making the cookies! You did such a great job with everything! Gina- Jimemmajack Custom Cookies

17. Frog Prince Paperie says:

How delightful! :) The cookies look fabulous–

18. a. party style says:

Beautiful Chris! You knocked it out of the park yet again. My favorite is the stacked cotton candy in the apothecary jar – what "eye candy"!

19. Cupcakes and Cutlery says:

LOVE this!! Such great spring colors!

20. jackie fo says:

I love that chair decoration…its so cute but simple to do.

21. Chris, this brunch was absolutely inspiring. About 2 weeks ago I read and saw the FABULOUS pictures and I felt like celebrating Easter immediately! I then decided to make a “cookies and milk” (and some few food as well) for my kid and some of our neighbours this next weekend. I am sure it your post was inspiring to everyone who read it, even the ones who have not left a comment. Thank you again for sharing your work with your followers. XOXO. Beatriz

1. [...] the adults since the kids have all the fun with egg hunting and eating treats.  You can catch the sweets table and kids table in Part 1 of this inspiration shoot to get ideas there.  This table is a bit more sophisticated [...]

2. [...] 2011 By Chris 4 Comments // One of the cutest elements (and most commented on) from my Easter Brunch design was the centerpiece for the children’s table.  The Peeps garden, or “bunny [...]

3. [...] on Celebrations at Home in an Easter Brunch photoshoot – it’s a two-part special! See the kids’ table here and the adults’ table [...]

4. [...] a postar as imagens de um brunch de Páscoa em família (confira a 1ª parte), passamos agora a focar a mesa de [...]

5. [...] A while back I posted on our Facebook page that I had found this great “cuppie” cutter at World Market, and couldn’t wait to make my own cuppie cookies. I was first introduced to these cuties by Jimemmajack Cookies when I used them in this Easter shoot. [...]