Trend Alert: Paper Chains

What is it about the humble little paper chain of our childhood that makes it so chic today?  Maybe it’s the fabulous papers available which introduces interesting patterns.  Maybe it’s the ease and affordability of the project itself.  Or maybe it’s the resurgence of all things retro and vintage that has brought it to the forefront.  Whatever the reason, these fun and whimsical swags that used to hang along Christmas trees, are popping up in the most stylish and modern designs from weddings to kids parties.
 Ever since I posted this party last year I’ve noticed a definate increase in their presence.  The great thing is that anyone can incorporate this trend without being a craftsman or a crafter.  Just cut and glue (or staple) until your hearts content.  Get creative and use newspaper, old books, sheet music, etc.
Hope to see it at your next party!
Photos:

Comments

1. Would you go so far as to say paper chain is the new pennant banners?

2. Great trend — and so easy to create!

3. Pink Peppermint Paper says:

I love a paper chain! They are GREAT for kids to help with too. I let my oldest work on one for our tree, and he was thrilled!

Eleanor

4. I just might have to use one! :)

Paper Chains as a trend, who knew?! They are too cute!

6. Piggy Bank Parties says:

LOVE paper chains! Just used them for our Charlie Brown Inspired Birthday party. Love that school art projects are now handmade party décor!

7. Christi Bennett @ pisforparty says:

Thanks so much for the mention! I know…I love this trend! I actually am using them at Nick's fourth birthday party next week!

8. Kristy {the purple pug} says:

I have loved and adored the paper chain forever. So happy to see them popping up! I like the unexpectedness of something so simple and inexpensive being showcased at serious events. Thanks for featuring the girls of THE EAST. HOLLA:) xo

9. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. says:

Cute! Chris there is another trend along these lines too….I'm posting it this week!

10. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. says:

11. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. says:

12. Melissa C says:

Awesome trend! Actually made one this weekend for an upcoming party ;)

13. jackie fo says:

I love easy DIY stuff that doesn't involve sewing and other things I can't do! The paper chains are really pretty and pack a big punch for not a lot of money or effort!

14. I've definitely been noticing the resurgence of paper chains out there..and I'm loving it!

15. Half Baked says:

Great trend Chris! I used paper chains all the time as a kid – they make me happy! Love it!

1. […] Imagens: Celebrations at home […]