Petite Celebrations Pirate Party

This weekend we celebrated my son’s 8th birthday with a Pirate Party!  The interesting thing is that I’ve been so busy creating parties for others these past couple of months that I literally had nothing for this party (except the plates & a few miscellaneous items) a week before.  I know…mother of the year here…  Thankfully, my items were ordered, shipped, and arrived in time, AND my friend Amanda of Shindig helped pull me through by sending me her pirate printables and her fabric bunting!  She was truly the party planner’s party fairy last week.  You may remember Amanda from her incredible Enchanted Fairy party, but now she also has an Etsy shop with printables for your own parties!
Now, here’s the Pirate Party for my own little Skallywag:
The good thing about designing a pirate party in late September is that there are lots of cool things out for Halloween, that I could use.
As for the snack table, I wanted it to have the feel of old crates from the ship that had been pried open.  I was happy with the look but the printablesadded a much needed pop of color among the neutral boxes.
What do you know, I turned out to be mother of the year after all!

For more inspiration, follow me on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. Cheers!

Comments

1. Kristy {the purple pug} says:

I LOVE this, Chris! AMAZING set-up. I love the little chest place settings! The dessert table is adorable. Perfect presentation.

2. Not Just A Mommy! says:

Absolutely fabulous Ms. Chris! I bet he was over the moon! And I love that you set it up outdoors! But can you serve Pirate's Rum to kids? :)

3. Tammy@Events By Tammy says:

So cute! I love the treat table with the crates. You did a good job at the last minute.

4. Everything looks fabulous. I think some of the best parties come together last minute!

5. Cupcakes and Cutlery says:

This is a great pirate party! My 4 year old son is sitting on my lap looking at it and he just asked me for the same exact party. Will you come to CA, Chris? ;)

ghgtghyythgggoywazolivertyuffcvy – in his own words. :)

NJAM – just don't tell the parents ; D

C & C – I would LOVE to come hang in Cali with you!

7. Jill {peasandthankyous} says:

I LOVE the mast and tied up sails at the head of the table! Awesome pirate party!!

8. Amanda Parker at Shindig says:

I KNEW you'd pull it off — FANTASTIC! And you were worried you hadn't worked on it enough! That's the thing, Chris — you are a super-talented, professional party planner — there was never any doubt it in my mind that it would be awesome. So glad I could help out, and so glad the boys (and girl!) had fun!! Thanks for the shout out!

9. Farmhouse Country says:

Another cute party, great ideas! I especially loved the names you gave each guest and the sail for the table….ok, I loved it all! Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting on my son's party, of course I'm honored that you would like to share it on your blog….you can email me from my sale blog farmhousesignshop.blogspot.com and let me know what you need. Thanks for sharing such inspiration, I love visiting you!
    Dee

10. Wow. I bet those little boys never wanted to leave. The details were amazing.

11. Where did you get the black bags with skull and crossbones on it?

Amanda – you helped save the day! Thank you!

Farmhouse Country – thanks! Amanda did the names for me – she's awesome!

Christy – I got the bags at the Spirit Halloween store for $2 each.

13. Victoria at Party Puff says:

Shiver me timbers Chris, it's great!

14. Brittany @ GreyGreyDesigns says:

Perfection, as always! My favorite detail is the little sail picks in the desserts! CUUUTE!

15. Such a fantastic party! The table set up is amazing!!!

16. staci @ lizard n ladybug says:

Fabulous job!!

17. Courtney @ Pizzazzerie says:

AAAAAMazing! I LOVE this so much Chris, can't even believe you did this in a week! SO Ipressive!

18. TonyaB @ Soiree Showers & Kidz Events says:

Soooo cute! Love it!

19. TonyaB @ Soiree Showers & Kidz Events says:

Soooo cute! Love it!

20. TonyaB @ Soiree Showers & Kidz Events says:

Soooo cute! Love it!

21. Christi Bennett @ pisforparty says:

What a fun party! Everything looks great! Glad Shindig could help you out in your time of need. =)

22. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. says:

Cute Chris! I love it!!!

Ebony

23. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. says:

Cute Chris! I love it!!!

Ebony

24. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. says:

Cute Chris! I love it!!!

Ebony

25. Taylor Madison Inspirations says:

Love this pirate party!! So many details, it looks great!

26. Awesome party as usual!! Congrats on your new division! Trust me when all of those weekend kiddo shindigs start flooding in~ your last minute throwing together party skills will be invaluable!! Especially the fabulous way you do it!!

27. thelittlebeanboutique says:

I love it Chris! Pirate parties are one of my favorites.. and yours is spectacular! I love the place settings!

28. Miami Glamour says:

Hey….Great Blog

I really like this blog, all the events are great!
    You can check out mine too and you can leave your comments there…

Thank you!

29. Pam @ PartyStart.Me says:

Amazing party Chris. I know the feeling of planning my own kids parties a week before…goes with the territory I suppose! Thanks for sharing!

30. Melissa C says:

Great party! Thanks for sharing ;)

31. Save the Date for Cupcakes says:

Okay~ so I missed this! Glad I saw the link on FB. What would we do w/o it?! Your rocked it!

32. I LOVE this party! I featured it on my blog, hope its OK with you. Again, thank you for sharing all your great work!

33. Anonymous says:

LOVE THIS!!! Where did you get the treasure chest?

34. Everything looks GREAT!! My daughter wants a Pink Pirate party for her 7th birthday and I was wondering where did you get the black tote bags? did they come with the skull?

Thanks for sharing!!

• Hi Bianca,
      Those were actually from the Halloween store – great timing for my party in late September.
      You may be able to find something similar in pink through Google search(?)
      OR, buy a plain tote bag and DIY it with iron-on “bling” transfers from the craft store – I’ve seen ones with skulls!

35. Hi I was wondering what u used to cover the chairs at the table? Did it cover the whole chair or was it just draped over the back of it?

• Marisa, that’s what you call strategic folding and pinning. LOL I used sheets {cut to size} and draped it so it covered the back of the chair but not the seat of the chair. Pinned from the underside so it doesn’t show.

36. What FONT did you use for the printable items?

THANKS