Trend Alert: Hanging Ribbon Backdrop

I love it when you can take simple, readily available items, and create something amazing out of them. In this case, that is done with ribbon!
  • For the simplest project just hang long strands side-by-side to create a fun backdrop for photos or buffets.
  • Want to get a little fancy? Clip on some family photos, photos of the guest of honor, or postcards.
  • Last, but not least, add ‘paper tiles’ to the ribbon to add even more pattern and interest.
Hanging ribbon streamers not only make for an attractive backdrop, but they can also hide an ugly wall or act as a room divider. These would work really well for kid’s birthdays, but given the beauty of satin ribbon, you can see it also works great for weddings, and anything in between!

Comments

1. amy * stem * says:

Love it. In fact, I'm using something along these lines at an upcoming 11st bday party I'm doing to "hide" some stuff.

2. I love these looks, esp the "tiles"! so cool!

3. How do you attach them to the ceiling and look decent? All I can think of is masking tape.

4. Keisha - Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams says:

OMG – I came thisclose to doing something like this for my daughter's Valentine's Day party and was going to use streamers, but just ran out of time. I think it's a really cool idea though to use the ribbons!

5. Keisha - Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams says:

6. Keisha - Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams says:

7. Michely Medeiros. says:

how cool!!! i might just use this idea with streamers for my daughters 2nd birthday in march :D

8. Not Just A Mommy! says:

I've done the wall of streamers for several parties, and it does so hide the ugly behind! :)

9. Love that idea! Thanks for sharing!
    emily

10. Cupcakes and Cutlery says:

Crap, now I have to plan a party to do a tile backdrop…amazing!!!!

S-