Need some last minute decorating ideas for your New Years celebration? Southern Living out-did themselves with this fabulous spread. Easy to do, but lots to love!
- Start by filling your table with glass cylandars and vases. Then fill with water and a few drops of food coloring; add a few candles, and voila! The easiest centerpiece you will ever do…and a spectacular impact.
- If you have some clear Christmas craft ornaments, fill those with colored water also and hang them off some branches right from the back yard. Don’t fill them too much so as not to be too heavy. Finally, string some Christmas lights around the branches for a beautiful glow.
- Dress up your stemware with a little ribbon band and adhesive gems. Tuck in more branches to large vases, jugs, or bottles.
- Also, if your main buffet is in the dining room, serve an appetizer and/or dessert in the living room to make sure people don’t get stuck in one area. Remember to bring some coordinating decor to that space as well.
- Quick and easy way to create a food pedestal: turn a shallow dish or vase upside down and wrap it with coordinating paper (gift wrap, scrapbook paper). The paper shown is great becouse it already has numbers (for the countdown to midnight) on it. You could get the same effect by using stickers or chipboard numbers.