A Sip and See Baby Shower

Welcome Aboard, Mate! Sail with me to this Sip and “Sea” shower I hosted for a friend who just had her second baby. The theme was Nautical to reflect the nursery and there are lots of details to “sea” so keep reading for more.

• All the glass plates had a different nautical map underneath.
  • The favors were my version of the “message in a bottle” concept.
  • Water glasses held nautical alphabet flags, each representing the first initial of a guest’s name.
  • I used baby toys throughout, that mom could take with her. Bath toys like a boat and fish were tucked into flower arrangements and floating in vases filled with blue tinted water(see dessert table). Stuffed whale, dolphin, and shark were placed here and there.

• Served at the drink station was an “Ocean Breeze” cocktail, and Jones blue colored berry lemonade.
  • Also available were “lifesavers” candies.
  • The stemware held drink charms fashioned from nautical themed buttons.
  • To hang above the bar as a focal point, I used a message board and applied several different nautical maps in a mosaic form, then just tucked in a few photos of the new baby and family.

• More details {above} of the nautical flags; water bottle; party decor; and “Islander” cheeseball served in a boat.
  • You can also find our lunch menu and recipes here.
  •  The dessert table was a hit with monogrammed cookies, cupcakes with blue icing and tiny nautical flags, and blueberry parfaits served in baby food jars.
  •  The guests were greeted at the front door with a welcome message on a lifesaver; baby Nathan; party decor; the DIY invitation.

For more inspiration, follow me on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. Cheers!

Comments

1. Oh my goodness! I just did a "sip and see" post today and I KNEW I had seen this sailor themed sip and see shower before, but last night when I was putting the post together, I could not think of where! Now I know. :) I'm going to add a link to you on my post…hope that is ok. :)

LOVE the party!!!

2. Susan Crabtree says:

Love all your details! You did an amazing job!

3. Visions Events says:

Love the color blue use, different theme use. Great job!!

4. Shelley@divinepartyconcepts says:

The theme and details are great!!

5. This is great! I love the coordinating drinks and all the little details.

6. It's GORGEOUS!!!

7. Elizabeth Howard says:

This is amazing work as always! Absolutely love every little detail of it. I am sure that your client was very pleased!

8. Love it! So many wonderful details! I love it when the shower theme matches the nursery decor. It helps me in picking out a gift. Fun and unique shower!

9. kara's parties says:

love, love, love, love!!!

10. Christi Bennett @ pisforparty says:

Another fabulous party!!

11. b.a.s.h.ful custom event kits says:

this is adorable! awesome!

I loves it! It never fails, as usual great party!

13. Ms. Jasmine says:

I love all the details. The map on the plates,flags.. You set sail with this sip and sea.

14. Enchanted Expectations says:

I love all the details. I love that color blue and your desserts look amazing.

15. Rachel@oneprettything.com says:

Wow, the details at this shower are fantastic! Amazing job!

16. Donna @ Party Wishes says:

Super cute! Love the favors and the parfaits look so yummy!

17. Beautiful job Chris. We'll be sharing this with our readers today!

18. I love the invitation!

19. Great Job! Love all the creative new uses for the apothocary jars! I have been collecting a lot of them too, and it is nice to see i can use them for more than just candy! :) Thanks for the post. Luv ur blog.

20. Oh my gosh, this shower looks amazing! One of the most creative boy themes I have seen. The mommy-to-be must have be so thrilled with her shower.

21. Patty Bourg says:

Where did you find the nautical maps and how did you place them under the plates?

• Hi Patty, the maps are just various patterns of scrapbook paper. You can find it at most any craft store. All I did was trace & cut the circle to the size of the plate base, then set the plate on top of it. No need to adhere it really.
      :-)

1. [...] Salad Recipe + Baby Shower Dessert Parfaits July 28, 2009 By Chris 8 Comments // For our Sip and See shower we served a light lunch of green salad with mandarin orange and candied pecans, a pasta salad, and [...]

2. [...] a great idea to coordinate your food {especially dessert} with your party theme.  For our recent Sip n’ Sea baby shower  I served these dessert parfaits in baby food jars.  It’s a great way to bring in a [...]

3. [...] My dessert parfaits served in baby food jars is an idea I came up with a couple of years ago for a sip n “sea” baby shower I hosted, and they were a huge hit! This time I tried a new combination of layers and the results [...]