Stars & Stripes Forever – Patriotic Party Ideas

This weekend is the unofficial start to summer!! I decided to put together this outdoor party setting for any Memorial Day parties or 4th of July. And, of course, it is done on a budget!
(see our slide show featured in the Richmond Times Dispatch here)
 I spent about $7 at Michaels on paper, twine, a decorative star, and 2 bandanas to be used as placemats. The rest was found around the house.
 I got 2 sheets of paper and was able to wrap 2 candle vases with one sheet, and the center vase with half of the other. The striped paper had a different print on the reverse side so I used various patterns from it to make drink tags, bottle wrapper(on the bar below), and napkin ring details.
For the tags on the snack pails, I punched shapes from a brown grocery bag to add to the casual outdoorsy feel.Notice the water bottles? They are from World Market and the top comes off and becomes a cup….so clever!
Here is the drink station with drink tags and bottle wrapper made from various patterns that were on the reverse side of the striped paper. Also added some stars to the wrapper.
 This could easily be recreated for your outdoor cookout. Want more? Check out our Facebook page.
Hope you all have a very happy Memorial Day weekend!!

Comments

1. Dollface says:

Not in the summer mood just yet… the weather throws me… but thanks for the ideas!! and youre never too old to watch Gossip Girl :) xxooo

2. oooohhhh! how fun! i can’t wait until july! :)

This looks great! You make me want to have an unofficial kick off party for the start of summer this weekend!

4. michelle says:

love the popcorn in the little tins!

5. I love all of these ideas! I especially like how you included the coordinating flowers.

6. Shelley@divinepartyconcepts says:

Love all the great ideas as always!

7. Very fun, Chris!

I love what you did with the vase and candleholders, and I’ve never thought to use those water carafes for individual guests. Very creative and classy!

8. Kendall says:

What neat glasses from world market, I’ll have to check those out! how did you make those cute tags that are used for drink markers?! They’re adorable!

9. Michelle @ Sweet Something says:

This looks fantastic! I love all the details you've put in! Great job!

10. Just me... Bigbee says:

Awesome tablescape! I especially love the brown bag tags- what a great use for recycled grocery bags!

11. Colleen @ MuralMaker&More says:

What a great idea – wrapping the vases with paper. Quick & easy – just my speed.

Would love for you to stop by and link up to Fab Finds for the 4th.

12. Colleen @ MuralMaker&More says:

Would love for you to stop by and link up to Fab Finds for the 4th.

13. Colleen @ MuralMaker&More says:

Would love for you to stop by and link up to Fab Finds for the 4th.

14. Laura Ingalls Gunn says:

I adore your patriotic spirit. It is red, white and bluetiful!

I hope you'll stop by for my bbq on an Anthropologie inspired white tablecloth. :)

1. […] White, And Blue Eats May 21, 2009 By Chris 3 Comments To continue with our Stars & Stripes theme for Memorial Day (or 4th of July), here are some serving suggestions for your weekend cookout. Star […]