Pink Centerpiece Idea

This is one of the more unique centerpiece ideas I’ve seen lately. It uses some of the usual components like a glass cylinder, and decorative paper and ribbon, but it is budget friendly with its use of a pink paper pomander(say that 3 times fast), instead of real flowers. And the garland drop adds the unexpected touch. I’ve got to find a reason to make this!!!

picture: Project Wedding

Comments

1. Flair Factor says:

Very cute, I like!

2. Nantucket Karen says:

Love this! I’m definately going to “attempt” this! So pretty:)

3. its like combining every favorite budget friendly element! totally chic and different. great find!

4. kendall @ designbykendall says:

I love the non-flower solution! Flowers can be hard on a budget and they make centerpieces a last minute project if you want to keep them fresh looking!

Using a pom pon allows you to make the centerpieces way in advance!

Great idea :) Thanks for posting it!

5. I love this! Very pretty. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

6. Just make it for the heck of it.
    it’s pretty enough that it doesn’t need a reason!

7. Lynn Osborne says:

Chris, this is beautiful! Do you buy the paper pomander already made? Would they be in the floral section, like at Joann’s?

8. I will be keeping this idea in my mind! Thank you for sharing.

I am just starting my Party Business. I live in a very small town, so it’s going slow so far…but I will be patient. :)

Love all your ideas!

I glad everyone loves this idea as much as I do!

Lynn, the pomanders are a DIY project. Martha Stewart sells kits to make them, at Michaels. Or you can just buy sheets of tissue paper, cut them to about 8″x8″ squares, fold them accordian style, and then pull each sheet out to fluff it up. You secure the center before you begin pulling the sheets. I hope that makes sense.

10. inkOBSESSIONdesigns says:

I love that!

11. amy * stem * says:

I am so doing that. : )

12. amy * stem * says:

I am so doing that. : )

13. amy * stem * says:

I am so doing that. : )

14. Lynn Osborne says:

Thanks for the additional info. I googled paper pomander and found several tutorials for making them. Sounds easy enough with a little bit of time.

15. Ohhhh my. As a huge fan of all things damask, I love this piece, especially the drop portion. Very memorable!

16. I tried doing this for my own wedding. the first little flower i made didn't look quite right so i read up on it more and realized you need the little stirafoam balls underneath to get it to look like that.still excited to use it!

17. are there detailed direction somewhere for these?

Unfortunately this is an older project that didn't have an original link to it. You can find tutorials for the tissue poms by doing a Google search. Just make them small and attach hanging crystals to the wire you use in the middle of the pom.
    Hope that helps : )

19. How can I get the decorative paper and the ribbon stick on the inside of the glass?

Anon, you actually wrap it around the outside of the glass and use double stick tape to secure it.

21. How much for the center pieces and can they be shipped to Canada.

22. This is soooo cute!!!!! And unique too!!! Where can i find the supplies to do this??

• Juli, all these items listed in the post can be found at the craft store or even the Dollar Tree. It’s just paper flowers, a cylandar vase, paper wraps, & a faux crystal droplet.

23. We’re do I get the black and white paper?