A Pokemon 8th Birthday Party

This is for an 8 year old girl’s birthday, and she loves Pokemon!
It starts with Color! Pokemon are categorized into “types,” water, grass, fire, electic, etc. So luckily I was able to design around some primary colors that would represent the different “types” of Pokemon.

She had plenty of Pokemon figures that could be used throughout the tables.
Below is the buffet table serving lunch. All the food was labeled according to different Pokemon characters, such as Chimchar Chips, Combee Corndogs, and Cubone Carrots. I used Pokemon trading cards for the labels.
We divided the kids into 2 teams and did a treasure hunt with a different Pokemon activity at each “clue” station. There was “Pin the tail on Picachoo,” “Bagon Boulder Count,” create a “Chikorita Necklace,” “Evolutionary Matching Game,” a maze, and Pokemon bingo. The kids loved the treasure hunt and activities, which was managable with a small group.

Comments

1. Not just a Mommy! says:

Yay! You were able to pull off a video game theme and satisfy your need for “pretty”. Looks amazing! My son wants a party at a video arcade this year, talk about trying to make a unpretty place hot. I’ll have to “borrow” some of your ideas.

2. Shopaholic Blonde says:

That is awesome! I am planning my daughters 6th this weekend!
    Thanks for all the fabulous ideas, I love your blog!

3. Love it!
    This looks great.
    WoW!

4. I love how you took a traditionally “boy” theme and totally made it work perfectly for a girl!
    One of my favorite things is how you turned the Pokemon cards into place cards! So clever!

5. Kendall @designbykendall says:

This is awesome! I love all the colors! What a lucky daugther you have :)

6. I love the paper lanterns as Poke Balls, what a great party!!!!

7. Setting the Mood says:

You did it! What a great way to combine Pokemon with a girlie flair!

8. For Your Inspiration says:

This looks so fun! Colorful and stylish, but still perfect for kids.

The paper lanterns are my favorite.

9. So cute! I love the colors.

10. Cupcakes and Cutlery says:

I love this! I don’t know anything about Pokemon, but the party looks awesome. You must have spent so much time on this.

Thanks for all your comments! You guys keep me motivated! You’re Awesome!

12. Wow! What a lucky little girl! This party decor is so much fun. Nice job.

13. Flair Factor says:

I’m a bit late, but LOVE the party decor! I bet the kids as well as the parents were wooing and awwing!

14. You did a great job. I loved all your ideas and I enjoy the blog!

15. amy * stem * says:

This is so stinking cute. How much do you love the “lanterns on sticks” thing? I did a version of that for some friends a few weeks ago and wanted to take it home and stare at it all day long. So dang happy looking.

Great job as usual, my dear! How fun it must be to be your tiny human person.

16. Amazing decor. Your daughter must have LOVED her party. My fav part – the centerpiece and buffet decor. :)

17. Really cute party! Great job!

18. Fiquei muito feliz em saber que uma garota de 8 anos gosta de Pokémon! São poucas as fãs desse anime que apesar de tantos anos de existência ainda vem conquistando admiradores e se eternizando na história de muitas pessoas!

Eu gostaria de poder ter uma festa de aniversário do Pokémon mesmo aos 15 anos, mas como vivo no Brasil, não tenho essa possibilidade já que por aqui encontrar tema de festa Pokémon é mais difícil que encontrar pokémon lendário…

Fico feliz pela Jordan!

19. Wow, what a wonderful party!! Just wondering if you would be prepared to share some of your treasure hunt clues. I’m planning my daughter’s 6th birthday but know nothing about Pokémon so am finding it hard to make the clues. Many thanks.

• Belinda, since this was about 4 years ago, I honestly can’t remember. However, I did have my daughter guide me with details about Pokemon.